Hey guys! So today is my two-year anniversary of owning this blog or as I like to call it my “blogiversary!” I’m really quite excited. Although it may not be a big thing to quite a few people it’s a big thing for me and it means a lot. Thank you to those of you that have sent me lovely messages this morning, it means a lot!
This year I have managed to post 51 blog posts, 52 including this one. I think that may be more than last year…
The main reason I am writing this is to say thank you to quite a few people because I don’t know what I would do without a lot of them… Their support has been amazing, as always.
I’m kind of proud of myself this year, I managed to do quite a few things that I thought were impossible for me, personal things mainly. This blog post is probably going to be really long but I know those that will sit and read it will be the usual ones that do, I love you guys!
My top 10 blog posts of 2016:
- Donating My Hair to The Little Princess Trust – I am super proud of this one, I only posted it on Thursday but I really am proud of myself for donating my hair.
- I Conquered My Fear of Horses – I never thought I would be able to go near a horse let alone ride one, it was a big thing for me and defiantly another thing that I am proud of.
- My Inspiration, My Role Model, My dad – Another blog post that I am proud of writing, every word of it was true and my dad loved it so I’m happy with it!
- Four Eyed Freak – I opened up quite a lot in this post…
- Sunshine Bloggers Award – When I got nominated for this I couldn’t help but write about it!
- Reposting: Let’s talk about Cyber-Bullying… – It took a lot for me to repost this blog post, the support I got back from it was unimaginable.
- I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! – This was another thing that made me massively happy, being told that I’m helping people really does mean a lot to me!
- Taxis… – In March I opened up about my accident for the first time, the support that I got back was unbelievable. It meant a lot.
- Turning Eighteen!!! – I had an awesome day with an awesome person so as you can imagine I loved writing this one.
- The Positive Outcome of Telling a Teacher about Bullying… – I wrote this one recently, its something that happened not that long ago and I was really proud of myself for being able to go through with speaking to the people who were giving me grief.
When looking through all the blog posts that I have written this year I couldn’t pick JUST 10 but as I decided to, these are my main 10, there not in order but there they are…
My 2016 in pictures:
I’ve had quite a good year, I’m not going to lie, there have been quite a few tears but there has been just as many laughs and smiles. I’ve met some amazing new people this year and done some amazing things. I can’t really believe its been two years, it doesn’t feel like it.
The support I have got this year has been amazing, I have had people come up to me and tell me that they read my blog, that to me is just awesome! Knowing that I can help people while doing something that I really love to do, means a lot. There have been times when I have wanted to quit this blog and delete it, but I am really glad that I didn’t. It would have been a massive mistake.
This time last year I found out that I had got just over 1,000 views on my blog. To now find out that there are 5,000 of you reading is amazing! That’s incredible! To find out that since 2014 there have been 5,000 people reading this, it’s just amazing, I’m lost for words. To do something that I love ever so much and get the kind of reaction back from it that I have is truly wonderful. Okay, so at times there have been people anonymously commenting but WOW, I’m just so happy! Thank you ever so much! To find out that it’s not just people from the UK but from around the world is just amazing!
Massive shout out to everyone that has supported me from the start! You know who you are, and a massive thank you to those of you that have turned up in my 2016 and supported me from the beginning of meeting me. I’ve lost a few people this year, but the ones that I have still got make me realise that people come and go, it’s the true ones that stick around. Thank you so much! Thank you to my dad as well, for always supporting me and helping me better myself. Also a massive thank you to my brother Tom for just being you, your my hero, you make everyday better for me. I love you so much.
So as I sit here re-editing this post and putting in the pictures of my year, while eating a cupcake (The picture explains it more), I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year. May you experience joy and happiness. I’m going to have a good night with my family celebrating this and welcoming in the New Year! Have a good night, stay safe, make good decisions and just have a good time! See you in 2017! Much love – Alison xx